4/13/2010

Tech Tip Tuesday ... Jing

Jing is one of my all-time favorite applications that I've found. It also happens to be FREE, which is a wonderful thing!
 
Download it here!

I will confess that once upon a time, not so long ago, I needed a "picture" of something on my computer screen so I dug through my desk and found my trusty digital camera. I snapped a picture (okay, several pictures until I could get one without the flash!), uploaded it to my computer, and finally used Paint (yes, MS Paint) to crop it down. By the time I got the picture I wanted, I had already forgotten what I wanted to do with it! UGH ... Now with
Jing, I can quickly and easily take a screenshot of the entire screen or just a portion of it. 


Jing also takes videos of your screen. Just use your handy-dandy "Britney Spears" headset to narrate what you're doing on screen and you can create your own little video tutorials in no time!

Here are some of the things I do and things you may do too:
  • "Snag" a picture off a website to use in class
  • Use the video to record yourself creating a PowerPoint, PhotoStory, MovieMaker, or anything
  • Save graphics from PDF copies of CBAs to create additional activities
  • Create instructional videos for class, other teachers, or anyone
  • If your computer is "acting weird", JING it and send the video to me and I can help figure out what's going on =)
Warnings:
  • Just because Jing gives you the ability to snag images from just about anywhere, you must still follow copyright rules when using images.
  • Before you know it, you will start using "jing" as a verb!  Just JING it!
Do you already use Jing? Do you have any questions about it? Leave them in the comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com